August 31, 2016
Dear Consortium Members, Colleagues and Partners:
I am excited to present this years’ annual report for fiscal year 2015/2016 ending June 30, 2016. The accomplishments of the Southern California Regional Transit Consortium (SCRTTC) continue to be encouraging. Join me in congratulating everyone involved.
We continue with our strategic goals toward success by making a bigger impact on workforce development for our membership. The many key accomplishments this past year include winning two awards for innovative training in transit from the National Transit Institute (NTI) and the California Transit Association (CTA):
- Delivering 67,764 hours of training life to date.
- Our membership continues to expand with Santa Cruz MTD joining the SCRTTC and BYD and Proterra coming aboard as private industry partners.
- The Needs Assessment\Gap Analysis Report was completed.
- The 6th Annual Ditch Golf Classic golf event was successfully held in November 2015 at San Dimas Canyon Golf Club, with the Ditch Education Fund awarding 7 scholarships for a total amount of $9,000.00.
- All our goals exceeded under LA BOS: training delivery and on budget.
- Partnering with California State University at Long Beach, METRANS, to deliver distance based courses and workforce development.
- Welcoming our new board members: Paula Faust, formally GTrans, Larry McLaughlin, College of the Desert, Roland Cordero, Foothill Transit, and Elliott Carson, Complete Coach Works.
Thanks again to our management company, our members and our volunteers for making the SCRTTC achieve another productive year.
In FY2016/2017, plans include expanding our membership in transit, education and public and private industry. Our Education Services Committee will work hard toward the need for more electric and battery powered vehicle courseware. Our Government Relations Committee will identify grant and funding opportunities. Our 7th Annual Ditch Golf Classic Golf event will be held in Berkeley, CA on November 15th, 2016.
Let’s continue our path of training today for a better tomorrow! I am personally looking forward to being your Chair and supporting our organization.