Who We Are
The SCRTTC is comprised of public transportation agencies and academic members located in Southern California. The Consortium has been granted the 501(C)(3) "not for profit" status under the Internal Revenue Service code.
Board consist of twenty-one (21) members including ten (10) transit members, seven (7) college members, one (1) labor member, one (1) association, and two (2) private industry members. The membership of the Board serves two-year terms in accordance with our bylaws. Subsequent membership will be governed by the organizational bylaws.
The SCRTTC currently has four operating committees reporting to the Board: (1) Finance and Budget Committee, (2) Governmental Relations Committee, (3) Administration Committee, and (4) Educational Services Committee. Sub committees may be formed as needed.
What is our Mission?
Advance the skills of our transit workforce...preparing for the future.
- Training Effectiveness
- Leadership Sustainability (Organizational Effectiveness)
- Membership Management (Organizational Effectiveness)
- Partnerships (Organizational Effectiveness)
- Communication and Outreach (Organizational Effectiveness)
- Financial Health (Organizational Effectiveness)
- Expansion Analysis (Organizational Effectiveness)
Providing Solutions for Solving Training Needs
- Improving the quality of training for the entire workforce
- Increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of training while reducing redundancy
- Optimizing educational resources
- Developing funding resources to maximize the use of taxpayers' dollars
- Providing training needs assessments and analysis
- Maintaining an inventory of available resources and courses
- Delivering state-of-the-art training
- Building training capacity for public transit
- Developing standards for transit vehicle repairs